Why do we do this?
You know how we keep on saying we are going to follow a passion, but in realty probably never will? Well, life is too short to play these silly mind game, so there was only one thing to do….. Voila! ….. Backyard Ballistics was born 15 years ago.
So ….who are we?
I suppose you could call us shooting enthusiasts……. And I also suppose on a scale of 1 to 10, conservatively we would probably come in at about +14……
Barry:An avid collector, hunter and re-loader, he’s loved firearms from an early age. The first pay cheque he received bought his first firearm some 30 years ago, and it’s gone downhill from there, with him spending his hard earned cash on just about anything that goes bang! His Motto : “He who dies with the most guns… wins”. Life is too short, not to buy another firearm (and it helps to have an understanding wife who understands this terrible addiction!).
Evan: In the field with friends, family and fellow shooters is always first prize, with the hunting in the Alldays area holding particularly fond memories. Evan currently serves on two accredited shooting association executive committees, and is a founder member of another. Backyard Ballistics CC is the realisation of a dream and a desire to join the shooting and hunting industries.
What do we stand for?
- Value for money and no nonsense service. If we don’t stock it, we will try and get it.
- We believe in the right of South Africans not to be victims, and the right to own a firearm. Responsible firearm ownership should be considered a fundamental part of every democratic society and constitutionalised as such.
- We promote membership of recognised shooting associations. SAGA, Chasa, Collectors or Combat clubs and many more. There is strength in numbers!
- We would like to see those that advocate a firearm free society put their money where their mouth is…. Why don’t they just stand up and say “No” to armed response? Why don’t they put that sign at their front gate advertising the fact that their home is gun free, and no resistance will be offered ?
- Sustainable utilisation of our resources. Take the time to read “Managing our Wildlife Heritage” by Ron Thomson (ISBN 0-620-37140-4)…. You’ll get the picture.
- Peace through superior firepower.
- Buy ammo now!….. It’s the precious metal of the future.
- Sub MOA groups.
What do we stand against?
- Unethical hunting, shooting and business practices.
- Limp-wristing & smoke stacks
- Poaching in any form….. especially Rhinos.